Position Summary: Responsible for the design of land development/civil engineering projects. Works with other members of the engineering staff to ensure projects are completed to schedule, budget and quality requirements. Interacts with clients and outside professionals including; inspectors, architects, land use experts, governmental agencies, construction personnel and others to understand and resolve project design issues.
· Complete project design within budget and schedule.
· Prepares weekly work load projection for review and scheduling by the Engineering Director.
· Coordinates assigned design activities with CAD, business management, surveying and clients to ensure all company projects are accommodated, referring conflicts to the Engineering Director only when required.
· Meets in person and by phone with clients, outside professionals and others related to projects to gather information, provide expert advice and collaborate on successful project execution.
· Tracks and records project information for invoicing, change orders and management reporting.
· Develops technical proficiency through on the job experience and continuing education and shares expertise with other technical staff in areas required for company projects
· Tracks and monitors time and budget allocated for assigned projects to ensure that they are completed on time and within budget.
B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. Three years experience in the design of land development/civil engineering projects working on a variety of commercial and residential development activities. Specialist experience in design issues such as drainage, transportation, sewer, and water systems is preferred.
Under supervision, does technical and skilled survey work. Is capable of performing complex survey field work independently and as a party chief over a field survey team, and does related work as required.
· Performs complex technical survey assignments
· Provides field calculations and detailed sketches to produce survey packages
· Demonstrates proficient operation of survey instruments and computing devices
· Prepares and submits daily reports regarding work accomplished
· Plans and supervises daily activities of a survey party
· Provides instruction to subordinates to ensure safety and efficiency of a survey party
· Performs design, geodetic and construction surveys, including traverse, boundary, and topography
· Performs surveys to establish or re-establish boundaries including setting of corners and monuments
· Responds to inquiries and complaints from the general public
· Responsible for the maintenance of an assigned vehicle and equipment
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of survey field work
· Working knowledge of mathematics, including trigonometric functions, curve computations and the coordinate system of computing
· Considerable knowledge of applicable County, State and Federal laws, codes and regulations as they apply to surveying
· Ability to understand and interpret legal descriptions, engineering plans, maps and field data
· Ability to conduct research and evaluate data
· Ability to compute closing lines, simple and parabolic curves, and irregular or unusual areas with accuracy
· Ability to maintain effective relationships with fellow employees and the public
· Ability to prepare clear, concise, and well-documented technical reports
· Ability to apply basic surveying principles to the solution of problems
· Proficient skill in the proper use of and method of adjusting survey equipment in conducting field surveys
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to graduation from High School; PLUS a minimum of three years of nonprofessional survey field work.
Certificates & Licenses Required:
Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License.
First Aid/CPR Cards
Responsible for reception, administrative and limited accounting duties. Greets visitors and callers by phone and in person. Prepares final correspondence, manages the office files and orders supplies. Performs accounting data input and support related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing and job tracking.
· Ensures clients and customers are greeted and referred to the correct staff member for information when required.
· Organizes and maintains physical files and data bases to track and locate job information as directed by the Office Manager.
· Maintains the inventory list and orders office supplies and materials.
· Inputs accounting data accurately and on schedule to meet receivables and invoicing requirements.
· Provides weekly summary of submitted proposals and signed contracts.
· Prepares public announcements and assists in identifying opportunities to increase the company’s presence in the business community.
· Supports managers and other staff as time and priorities allow.
Two years experience performing administrative duties in a professional services business. Knowledge of Microsoft office including: Word, EXCEL, & Outlook. Working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software desired.
Copyright © 2021 WestSound Engineering, Inc - All Rights Reserved.