WestSound Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to fill the role of Survey Manager. Qualified candidates will manage the survey department and support civil engineering projects. This position will include a combination of office and field work and may require some travel. Successful candidates can manage projects, budgets, and employees.
The Survey Manager will oversee/perform Boundary and Topographical Surveys, Construction Layouts, Subdivision Plats, Right of Way Plats and Descriptions, Parcel Legal Descriptions, and ALTA Land Title Surveys.
This is a great opportunity for a Land Surveyor to advance their career and play a key role at WestSound Engineering, Inc.
• Supervise survey department and projects including project scheduling, budgets, and billing.
• Grow survey department contacts and clients to secure additional survey projects.
• Develop and positively motivate survey parties for quality project delivery.
• Prepare estimates and proposals for surveying projects and track budgets and invoicing for individual survey projects.
• Plan and coordinate field work for survey parties
• Prepare construction stake out sheets for field crews.
• Review and certifies completed work to satisfy legal requirements.
• Oversee and perform land survey and mapping functions including preparation of parcel maps, tract maps, ALTA surveys, and record of surveys, development of legal descriptions for plats easements and property boundaries.
• Perform calculations for traverse closures and level runs.
• Search for section corners, property irons, and survey points.
• Reduce field and data collector notes.
• Check engineering plans for errors and coordinate with the project engineer
• Use AutoCAD Civil 3D to draft necessary boundary, plat, and easement maps.
• Write legal descriptions and prepare plats in connection with land surveys.
• Manage survey employees, develop their talent, assist in hiring party chiefs, chainmen, and technicians
• Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in Washington
• 5 years Land Surveying experience in topographic, boundary and construction surveys
• Proficiency with GPS, Robotic Total Station, and Data Collectors
· Proficiency with conventional instruments
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to organize field notes
• Ability to read Construction Plans
• Experience performing Boundary Research
• Ability to execute field staking
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Positive attitude, reliable and trustworthy
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
• Able to train and mentor party chiefs and chain persons
• Strong math skills
• Valid driver’s license
Copyright © 2021 WestSound Engineering, Inc - All Rights Reserved.